Pink & Gold Princess – First Birthday Party

Since my last post we have a beautiful baby girl named Charlotte and we celebrated her first birthday today!  The party was a smashing success!  It is very different getting to throw a girl birthday party and it was so much fun to plan!


I used this tutorial to make the banner with her name.  No fancy cricket machine needed.  The letters are stickers so the only thing that needed cutting was the pink banners which I had some help with…thanks Trudy!


This chalkboard was quite a bit of work but it was SO much fun to make.  It’s a great way to remember all the things my baby girl can do at this age.  I used this tutorial to make it.  Instead of tracing everything on the window like she did i just pressed gently and made indents on the board.  Once I had traced the full word I used the paint markers to trace the word.  I also used my printer and printed out all the words I put on the board because I don’t have that neat of handwriting!

DSC_6236 DSC_6237

I made these pom poms based on this tutorial.  I would highly recommend using the amount of tissue paper suggested in the tutorial because I didn’t on all of them and they didn’t turn out as full as it would have if I’d followed the instructions.  You can see in the picture that the gold pom on the left is more full than the others.


I used this Wilton candy mold to make the crowns for the cupcakes and then dusted them with pearl dust.  They ended up being so cute!

DSC_6245 DSC_6252 DSC_6271 DSC_6276 DSC_6326


DIY Pirate Party Banner Tutorial

My poor neglected blog.  I have been so busy with LIFE since Avery’s surgery.  I am so sorry my readers:)  But I have some exciting things coming I promise!  Here is the first…

I had a pirate themed birthday party for Avery’s 6th birthday.  After Blake’s party I had some experience under my belt.  I did more things than I normally do for their parties but I figure why not go all out!  So here is my tutorial for a banner:

I printed out the letters for “Happy Birthday Avery” using the Rapscallion font.  Took a couple tries to get them the right size.

Once I had them printed I used a cup and drew circles around them and cut them out.  Not all of them were perfectly centered but you get the idea!

Then in order to dress them up a little I used my trusty little red Sharpie marker to draw a red edge on the circle.

The you need to get the triangles made.  I used 12 x 12 scrapbook paper to make them.  I got three out of each one.  Each triangle was 8″ long and 5 3/4″ wide.

Next I used my handy glue stick to put the letters on each triangle.

Once I had the letters glued on I punched two holes on either side of the circle to put the ribbon through.

Then I just strung the ribbon (I just used plain old ribbon you can buy at Michaels or Hobby Lobby) through each of the letters.

Apparently I forgot to take a picture of the full banner hanging but you get the gist!  I had a hard time keeping it up with the weight of the paper but I’m sure if I had been more creative it would have been no problem!  You certainly could make smaller triangles and it wouldn’t be so heavy.

I’ll be back with more Pirate Party ideas soon!