Just in time for your Easter celebrations I’m gong to let you in on another one of my ‘secret’ recipes! Everyone RAVES about these cupcakes and I must admit they are pretty fabulous! And for those of you thinking how hard they are going to be but they really are easy.
Raspberry Swirl Cupcakes
1 c water
1/3 c oil
1 box white or yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding
Raspberry pie filling
1. Crack eggs into mixing bowl.
2. Add oil and water.
3. Dump in cake mix and pudding mix.
4. Begin mixing. About half way through I stop the mixer and scrape down the sides to ensure all the ingredients get mixed in fully.
5. Mix for a couple minutes until the batter looks like this. While the batter is mixing put your liners into the cupcake/muffin pan.
6. I use this kind of ice cream scoop for my cupcakes. It is about the perfect size (I don’t fill it all the way to the top but about 3/4 full) and easy to push the batter into the liners.
7. Fill your cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
8. I put the raspberry filling out of a can in a chopper to make sure it’s not such large pieces.
9. Put a small dollop of raspberry filling on the top of the cupcake batter. I use about 1 tsp per cupcake.
10. Take a knife and start swirling the filling around with the batter.
11. Make sure you swirl it around really well.
12. Bake cupcakes at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Sometimes with the filling in there it takes a bit longer.
I’ll be back tomorrow with a fabulous frosting to top these off!