This is my very favorite recipe that I have created as a copy cat to Tastefully Simple’s beer bread mix. I have shared it with lots of people but I’m here to share with you now. It is easy and has so many uses.
3 c Flour
1/2 c Sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
12 oz can of beer (any brand/flavor)
6 T butter, melted ~ divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Pour in 3 T melted butter.
4. Add the beer…feel free to taste test it first
5. Mix all ingredients just until combined. It may be a little lumpy but don’t over mix.
6. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
7. Pour remaining 3 T of butter over top. This is what makes the top all buttery and crusty.
8. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for about 10 minutes.
9. Remove from pan and cool completely.
10. Slice and enjoy! I like to cut mine into bite size pieces and serve with my favorite dip. Makes a great appetizer!