kinda cheap a big tight wad with my money and don’t like to spend it more than necessary. SOOO when I taste something that seems simple enough i come up with my own copy so that I don’t have to spend the money on it. I have a bunch of recipes that are copies to restaurant items as well as some Tastefully Simple items. Because I know I’m not the only one who enjoys good food and is a tight wad, I’m going to share them with you!
Here is the first one:
Grizzly’s Bear Claw Pasta
1/4 c Butter + 2 T to sautee mushrooms
2 c. heavy cream
1 clove garlic, crushed or finely chopped
1 1/2 c grated parmesan
8 oz mushrooms
1 box spaghetti noodles
1 rotisseire chicken
1 c cheddar cheese
1 c mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil noodles as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, melt 2 T butter in pan. Add sliced mushrooms.
3. Sautee mushrooms in butter until they look like this:
4. Set mushrooms aside. Melt remaining butter in pan (I used my cast iron skillet).
5. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add garlic and parmesan and whisk quickly.
7. Drain noodles and mix in mushrooms. Add cream sauce to noodles and toss. Put noodle mixture into 9×13 greased baking dish.
8. Pull all chicken off the bone and shred.
9. Place a layer of chicken on top of noodle mixture down the center of pan…you can spread it onto the whole pan but I put it in the middle. I only used about 3/4 of the chicken and saved the rest for another recipe (possibly some BBQ chicken pizza later this week:)
10. Spread shredded cheese over the top of the entire pan.
11. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. I sometimes put it under the broiler for a minute or two to make the cheese brown and toasty but didn’t this time. It will look like this when you are done! YUM!
Look at that deliciousness!
So tell me what you think of the recipe and the tutorial. I would like to know if I did too many pictures, too few? I have more to come!